Here are some of the sources of grants that helped many small non-profit businesses in the Buffalo and Western New York area during 2014.
- $20,000 grant from the Health Foundation of Western and Central New York
- $19,000 from the Applebee's franchisee in Williamsville to support The Mission Continues, a program that helps veterans
- $30,000 multi-year grant from the Patrick P. Lee Foundation
- $25,000 from Dunkin' Donuts to support disaster relief
- $87,500 grant from Wounded Warrior Project, a nonprofit veteran service organization
- $25,000 from HSBC Bank
- $137,000 from the Buffalo Bills
- $10,000 grant from the statewide NYSARC Services board
These are just some of the grants that were awarded to non-profits. Many other local businesses made donations of money and other resources which helped non-profits provide needed services to local residents.
To read more about these grant sources and how they helped businesses in the Buffalo and Western New York area, visit www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2014/12/26/dozens-of-wny-charities-benefit-from-q3-grants.html?page=all