Thursday, January 21, 2010
ABC's "Shark Tank" Teaches A Lot About Business Funding
What's good about the show is that the panel is brutally honest with the entrepreneur contestants. If they present a weak idea or have not done their homework, they are given honest and hard-hitting feedback. In addition, if they are asking for too much money in exchange for too little equity, they are harshly criticized.
The show is good and worthwhile watching if you're interested in obtaining business funding, even if you're only interested in getting business grants. It teaches you how to be realistic, how to view the bigger picture, and how to be effective in your presentations when asking for funding.
The show is already in Season 2, but Season 1 is just as good. You can watch the show on ABC on Fridays 9/8c or you can view the episodes online at http://abc.go.com/shows/shark-tank/
- ► 2012 (33)
- ► 2011 (14)
- + City of Philadelphia Announces 2010 Business Grant...
- + Grants To Attend 2010 BIO Show in Chicago
- + ABC's "Shark Tank" Teaches A Lot About Business Fu...
- + NYC Summer Incubator Program Offers $20,000 In Fun...
- + Bill Gates Contributes Grant Money To Microfinance...
- + Miami-Dade Grant Program Helps Small Businesses
- + Small Business Lending Looking Good For 2010
- + Should You Lie On Your Grant Application?
- ▼ January 2010 (8)